Saturday 24 January 2009

Top Method to Learn Spanish

Best Spanish learning software and how I found one for my daughter. I think I have discovered the answer and will share it with the world. I have personally researched the subject for a good month to improve my daughter’s grades. I am kind of addicted to learning software in general. I love these types of games and I think that the mainstream media started recognizing the benefits of such “games” and is now paying more attention to them, you probably remember how popular “paint by numbers” was at one point. It is during my early adolescence that I have discovered it’s benefits.

It was during a computer class in high school that I realized how effective learning games are (first of its kind in my state). The teacher was not quite sure what to start with so we had to learn a bit of everything at the same time. That was the first time that I saw a computer and was eager to find out how the keyboard worked. During the first class we were taught how to type. To do that the teacher used a computer game that had a strange hairy creature and a long bridge that looked like an alphabet. You had to build a trail in front of the creature by pressing a series of keyboard buttons. If you were too slow the silly thing would step on an empty space and fall down. So in order to save its life you had to type the letters as quickly as possible. It was a clever way of mixing compassion with the learning of essential computer basics. Several weeks later my keyboard skills got so good that the creature never died.

It is the “fun” factor in these games that makes them so effective. If you find a learning game that looks more like a game and less like a study guide then I think you should stick with it (as long it has enough information). I used it when I discovered that my little angel was getting bad grades in her Spanish class. She was just a kid and the classes were probably boring her to death. I went to ask uncle Google about the best Spanish learning game and according to him and USA today there was one interesting little game which was being praised a lot. It featured a mouse like character which travelled with you across different worlds and taught you different Spanish words along the way. My daughter loved the game so much that at times it was hard to get her to eat. This caused better report cards in no time. I must admit that I’m guilty of playing the game myself, and I hablo Espanol a little bit too now. So what makes the Best Spanish learning Software is the fun factor, if it looks too “educational” it’s probably not the best kind. Believe me, I have seen the results.

No comments: