Friday 23 January 2009

Here's a few detective tricks that are now available for anyone to use

Hey - call me a geek if you choose, but since I was young I have been fascinated by detective gadgets.  As a child I was a huge detective story fan and was constantly buying different spy gadgets.  Yeah I know - I'm a huge nerd!

Ok, so today I don't read Sherlock Holmes anymore, but I can't help but be fascinated by a few of the tools that are out there.  And instead of ordering fancy gadgets from comic books, I now go online to check out detective tricks.

The world wide web makes it possible to do background searches on just about anybody just by clicking a mouse button a few times.  Let's take a look at two of the tricks I will use a lot.

You might have heard of a cell phone reverse look up.  This tool lets you type in a telephone number and then discover details on who owns the phone.  Just by typing in the number you can find out someone's full name, complete address and all types of other background information.

This will be useful in a bunch of situations.  There might be situations when I don't recognize a number that keeps showing up on my call display or I have even gotten texts that I didn't recognize who the number belonged to.

The next one I use is an online criminal background check.  You can discover tons of details on anyone just by typing in their name at a background search site.  I like that these searches are instant and display to you the individual's full criminal record (if any), marriage records, employment records and a whole bunch of other details.

These little tricks make me feel like a detective right from my computer.  It's really cheap to use either of these tools and they come in handy in all sorts of situations.  Hope you like it!

No comments: